Is there a way to delete a period entry in Tempo?

Daniel Puyau June 5, 2014

We have the option to enter hours by period, however is there a way to DELETE by period?

Example:

I have a task that I will be completing for 2 hours a day over the next couple of weeks so I make a worklog entry using the PERIOD option. However, I inadvertently type in "20" instead of "2"and hit enter. I now have to go to every single day and make the edit to "2" instead of having the ability to simply delete multiple days or worklog entries.

Does this functionality exist and I am just missing it? Thank you for your time! =)

14 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Sverrir Tynes [Tempo]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 7, 2014

Hi Daniel

This is not possible in current version of Tempo Timesheets but it has been requested and we are aware of the need for this feature.

I have added a link to this post in our internal issue and we will keep you posted for all updates of the implementation of this feature.

Sverrir Tynes
Tempo support

kristjan_h January 16, 2017

Is this still not possible? (jan 2017)

Like olivier likes this
Amlan Gupta October 23, 2017

Is this seriously still not done? It is very easy to make incorrect entries and then fixing it is a huge waste of time. Please, someone correct this ASAP.

Like olivier likes this
Charles Panayides October 18, 2018

Where is the link to the internal issue for us to follow up on? 

Like # people like this
Max Wootton June 30, 2020

Sorry, so delete was a feature not released with a timesheet planner????? That is a joke of a mistake. Or if its a choice, the joke still stands

Like olivier likes this
4 votes
TurboFly June 16, 2015

Same here, we have a need to delete periods that were erroneous.  Any news on this ?

3 votes
Mateen_Nasir_Sayyed March 19, 2020

Its been 7 years. This was reported in 2014. Do you really value your customers ? 

3 votes
Scottie Brimmer November 14, 2014

Has there been any movement on this?  Someone hit the double arrows and logged time for a whole year.  That's 365 manual deletions - augh!

Eric_Mertens December 20, 2017

I feel your pain ..... i have to delete one-by-one for 5 team members who unintentionaly used the period feature thinking the hours given would be spread out over the given period. Unfortunately the hours are PER DAY for the complete period of 3 months.......

+100 on the feature!

1 vote
olivier February 3, 2021

This is an issue that literally EVERY-one will come across many times. It's still not done after 7 years.

Fix the damned issue, Tempo... Think of all those paying customers losing thousands of productive hours removing bulk entries of their employees... one... by... one... 

1 vote
victorlegaz October 4, 2019

Any progress?

1 vote
Michael Aldo August 15, 2019

Please add this to Tempo

1 vote

Any progress at all? It's been OVER 4 years and I see no way to edit/delete multiple entries... this seems like a pretty basic function

Scottie Brimmer October 18, 2018

I would think if it was logged as a period, it should be able to be deleted/edited as a period. 

In follow up to my original post, we did "Check the box" so folks can't log more than 3 weeks in advance. :)

We have the same here, limiting to a one-month window. However, a manager entered the wrong project for his team crossing quarters and now i'm manually deleting entries for each day for each employee....pretty sure there are better ways to spend work-hours

Like _M_M_ likes this
1 vote
Joyce Bloem June 1, 2018

So, any progress on this?

0 votes
Łukasz Lampka January 21, 2021

Opening 2021 with the obvious information: still NOT done! :) I've done a period which totally messed up my work log. Where this should be possible to revert in any other apps, in Tempo it's still impossible. The cringe is strong with this one.

0 votes
Eric Ediger May 6, 2020

You can bulk add, but not delete.

Having to go back to delete one-by-one is excruciating to the point of being unconscionable...

7 years waiting, dozens of threads requesting, what will it take?

Dino Pavić November 3, 2020

they just don't care.

0 votes
charles.julien April 2, 2020

If address the same issue, you solve it that way, no ?Untitled2.jpg

0 votes
Václav Durchánek December 3, 2019

any update with this issue ?..its important for us..

0 votes
gtk_driley November 5, 2018

Annoying as SH|T... still cannot delete more than one at a time...  even though the calendar picker sometimes glitches and adds today's date... hundreds of items to yeet now...

Suggest an answer