Is there a way to create a screen for a specific issue type?

Brad Beaver June 5, 2012

I feel like I've got my head around Screens, Screen Schemes, and Issue Type Screen Schemes. I've created a Screen, Screen Sheme, and Issue Type Scheme for each project we have to keep things nice and tidy. However, correct me if I am wrong, but I feel like there shoud be a way to create specific Issue Type Screens.

Example...(this is all in one single project)...

Custom Issue Type 1: Contains Custom Field 1, Custom Field 2, Custom Field 3

Custom Issue Type 2: Contains Custom Field 4, Custom Field 5, Custom Field 6

Custom Sub-Issue Type 1: Contains Custom Field 7, Custom Field 8, Custom Field 9

Hopefully you get the idea. We have quite a few custom Issues and Sub-Issues with many custom fields.

What I'm running into is that all of these fields are associated with just one Project Screen. And when I go to configure the screen to rearrange the fields I have dozens of fields to arrange (and many more to come in the near future). Everything works great, don't get me wrong. Certain fields show for certain issue types they way it is designed to work but this is more of an organizational request for the administering of the screen(s). I understand you can have specific screens for certain issue operations but that's not what I'm looking for. I want my custom issue type (i.e. Sales Order) to have its own screen to be included in my Project Screen Scheme.

Hopefully I explained myself well enough. Any thoughts?

Thanks!

1 answer

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Mizan
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 5, 2012
Brad Beaver June 5, 2012

Thank you! I was hoping someone could steer me in the right direction. I've only been administering JIRA for a couple months now and with all the different types of schemes, that are named very similar, it gets a bit confusing sometimes. I just did a quick config on my test instance and it appears it is exactly what I was looking for.

Now its time to clean up some fields/screens.

Mizan
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 5, 2012

If the answer helped you can accept it :) you can even vote up

Suggest an answer