Is there a way to create a recurring JIRA?

Deleted user October 7, 2014

Let's say I have a recurring monthly task. Each month, the users need to create a new JIRA for tracking purposes. Is there a way for me to set it up a JIRA or special Issue Type so that a new JIRA is created on a regular basis automatically (say, monthly)?

EDIT: For example, there is a report that i have to generate at the beginning of each month. Ideally, a new Issue would be created on the first of each month for generating the report. After I finish, I close the issue as normal, and next month, a new one will be auto generated.

6 answers

1 vote
Mirek
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 7, 2014

As I know.. this is not possible OOTB. You will need to use a plugin or a script to achieve that. I think that The Scheduler might fit into your needs:

https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/pl.com.tt.jira.plugin.theschedulerpro

Deleted user October 8, 2014

unfortunately we use the cloud version.

1 vote
Radu Dumitriu
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 7, 2014

Yes, you can use a service checking for a certain date in a month. You could use scripting (ScriptRunner, JJupin,others) to create your recurring task.

Deleted user October 8, 2014

no idea how to do this.

0 votes
Nathon Fowlie October 8, 2014

Bit of an outside the box solution but what about setting up a scheduled task on a windows box that creates an issue via JIRAs REST api? Easy to maintain and doesn't require writing a plugin wink

0 votes
Chag
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 7, 2014

right, so you want an issue to be re-created monthly in a specific date>?

yes, see my edit to the original post.

0 votes

I'm not sure of the difference, but it the system that we use, it's referred to as an Issue. 

0 votes
Chag
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 7, 2014

do you mean an issue or ticket ?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events