Is there a way to create a permission so they can add or remove users from a group, not Admin

Kathleen Jacobs June 12, 2013

adding users to groups, or moving users from groups would be very helpful. Instead of having to find an admin with complete control, project leads can do it themselves.

Is there a way I can set this up? Plugin maybe

2 answers

0 votes
AlaA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 12, 2013

hello there,

I'm afraid that this is not possible within JIRA. The only users who can delete and create other users are Admins of the project.

0 votes
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 12, 2013

No way to set it up in vanila JIRA.

Haven't seen a plugin in marketplace but is fairly easy to develop. We have done one for a customer but is unfortunately closed source.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 12, 2013

Same here, although I did it with a workflow post-function as part of the requirement was to track the users who added/removed users from certain groups.

Suggest an answer