Is there a way to create a filter or a report for several specif users?

carolina forrisi April 27, 2014

I would like to be able to pull a report by sleecting specific users and from what I see, at least in queries, I can pull by"Current user" which would be me, or another user but all in all, I can't add more than one user. I would like to be able to pull information, no matter if is it an issue, a sub-task, enhacemnet, New feature, but the important piece is to be able to report on several users activities in JIRA.

Thanks so much!
Carolina

5 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 27, 2014

You should be able to simply say "user in (alice, bob, charlie)".

Hi Nic, can you send me a screen shot of where in JIRA you are saying I should be able to add several users to pull any/all their activities? (issues, sub-tasks, etc)

It this a report or at the Filter issue search?

Thx again!

Carolina

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 27, 2014

Go into an issue search, click "advanced" and type it into the advanced JQL query. Note that I've just said "user" in my query above - you haven't defined what you're using to class an issue as "theirs". Assignee or reporter are the most likely options of course.

I am only able to add cf[12530] =Name user

I need to be able to add more users....I added AND but althought the Auto compete option let's me add another user:

cf[12530] =SG0894 AND cf[12530] =SG0203 AND cf[12530] =SG0896

when I run te query I get: No matching issues found.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 27, 2014

Ah, that's a logic mistake. For that query to work, the custom field would have to be a multi-user-picker and have all three users selected.

I think you want OR, not AND. Just try replacing the two AND with OR in there and see what it does.

Perfect!!! that worked!!! Do you know if I can add the "Status"?

I need to be ablel to report on certain users issues, and differenciate between, Open, Closed, etc...to determine for example, for the last month....my Team created x amount of issues where x are Open, x are closed an so on.

Thanks so much for your help!! Amazing!!!!!!

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 27, 2014

Ok, first, I find it's easier to separate out the query from the results output in your mind.

The query is a description of the list of issues you want to get some reports on. When you run it, Jira just writes a list of all the issues that match the question. Nothing more - the list has nothing to say about the data you're going to report on, it really is *just* a list of issues.

The output is a function that takes the list of results, reads out whatever information it's been told to about each issue, and then does something to give it to the user.

So, the issue navigator is a an output function that pulls out and displays a list of fields for each issue, with the fields being chosen by the user. The dashboard "filter statistics" gadget does some simple arithmetic on the list, counting the incidences of selected data values for each issue on the list. The resolution time report looks back at the status of issues and works out some times to give to the user. And so-on.

I've rattled that off because I'm not quite sure of your new question's intent.

Yes, you can add "status" to the query. You can say stuff like "And status = open". Or even "and status WAS open" although that's a bit more advanced. But that;s just the query part. I think you want to be looking at the output part now. Taking the list of issues and pushing it through something that will tell you the information you need.

So, first, phrase the question: I think you probably just want to start with "<users> in (a,b,c) and created > -31d" to get all the issues created in the last month (there are functions for pulling start/end of month type data too)

Then look at the output. I'd think about a "filter statistics" gadget on your dashboard. Use the filter and then choose "status" as the field to group by. I'd also have a look at the "created vs resolved chart" you can get as a gadget, as I think that could be really handy for you too

WOW, you have given me a LOT of info to move forward. I have something to start looking at me Report "to be' now. I will probably be back with some more questions. So far, I can't thank you enough. You've been SUCH a great help!!! Thank YOU Thank YOU Thank YOU!!!!!

Carolina

carolina forrisi April 29, 2014

I am back, I was not able to tied up the great information you gave me.

Maybe if I go a step back and say that what I need is to be able to pull a monthly report that will give me a list of any type of Issues, Sub-tasks, etc that a specific list of users has created or has assigned to it's name.

Does this make sense? It might not be as simple to get this in JIRA :)

Thanks,
Carolina

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 29, 2014

I think that's already been answered. Search for "reporter in (user1, user2, user 3) or assignee in (user1, user2, user 3)", and push the results through a gadget that displays the info you need from the issues.

1 vote
carolina forrisi May 1, 2014

Hi Nic, I was finally able to create the query I needed.

project = SSS AND component = SECURITY AND reporter = user A OR reporter = user B OR reporter = user C OR assignee = user A OR assignee = user B OR assignee = user C ORDER BY created DESC

Just wanted to share with you since you help me a LOT!

Thanks again!!!

Carolina

0 votes
carolina forrisi May 3, 2014

Thanks Nic, your help was Perfect!!

0 votes

Hi Christopher, I am using JIRA v5 1.8

Thanks!

0 votes
Christopher Cannata April 27, 2014

Hello Carolina,