Is there a way to create a SLA countdown for the due date as allocated in the issue?

Aaron Knox August 25, 2016

This question is in reference to Atlassian Documentation: Example: creating SLAs based on due dates

Is there a way to create a SLA countdown for the due date as allocated in the issue?

We use first response SLA, but for the time to resolution I would like this to be based off the assigned due date created in the issue, is this possible?

For example with some service requests we receive will advise a client that the work will be completed by date/time, have the Time to resolution SLA based off that date would help as it would reorder the events as required.

4 answers

3 votes
Lisa Förstberg
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 10, 2019

Maybe an option is to set up the SLA rules to "seem" as if it is counting down?

For example in a People Onboarding process we want to count down the days to an employee starting (date is a custom field)

Setting the goal to for example: 

issuetype = Onboarding AND "Employment Start Date" <= startOfDay("+1d") with the Goal = 24

then adding more goals

issuetype = Onboarding AND "Employment Start Date" <= startOfDay("+2d") with goal 48h 

etc 

The SLA Goal order is important. It will fire on the first rule that the issue matches, hence swapping out the goal as we close up on the Employment start date.

Gomez_ Daniel November 26, 2019

i would like to set a countdown timer to start when an issue goes on hold. What you are saying above sounds like this is very possible. I take it through a jql filter i can set the time to start at 3 weeks and countdown from there as long as i set the two goals like above?

Lisa Förstberg
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 28, 2019

I would say use the SLA trigger (not the goals section) to trigger on entered status (on hold) for that case.

Like Gomez_ Daniel likes this
Gomez_ Daniel November 28, 2019

how would I set the timer to start at 3 weeks and count down? Is it possible to do without a plugin?

Lisa Förstberg
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 19, 2019

This is my example on how I count down towards a new employee starting his/her first day.

I have a custom field for employment start date, which will start to count down if we're closing up on the first week.

Screenshot 2019-12-19 at 11.36.16.png

Like # people like this
Gomez_ Daniel December 19, 2019

this is awesome, it will also help me on a dashboard gadget. Thanks so much!

Like Lisa Förstberg likes this
Lisa Förstberg
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 19, 2019

superduper - no problems! Maybe also accept my answer here on AC ;-) 

Gomez_ Daniel December 19, 2019

i only see the vote button

Like Lisa Förstberg likes this
1 vote
AMAÇ SUNER November 26, 2019

Hi,

We have similar issues in our company. Our customers make development or bug fix requests and we commit different dates for each request (issue) instead of fixed time duration.  We put those dates as due dates of issues.

We are using Time to SLA app which enables to set custom date fields (eg. due date as in your example) as target date for an SLA. 

For example, we have an SLA defined with target date as due date. When we input some date into due date as we open an issue then SLA counts down to that date.

You can check the link below.

https://confluence.snapbytes.com/display/TTS/Defining+SLA

Look for the SLA Negotiation Date Field in the document. 

I hope that helps you solve your problem.

amac

1 vote
Ravi Sagar _Sparxsys_
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 25, 2016

Aaron,

The default SLA in JIRA Service Desk are not based on dates but you can install "Extension for JIRA Service Desk" add-on to setup SLA based on date fields like Due date and other date type custom field.

Ravi

0 votes
Aaron Knox August 28, 2016

Hi Ravi, thanks for the response.

That link doesn't work for me but I have found the extension you are referring to.

https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/com.intenso.jira.plugins.jsd-extender/server/overview

Egunsuren June 26, 2019

Hey Aaron, have you figured out how to do this?

Suggest an answer