Is there a way to copy the Assignee field (this comes off the box) and rename it something else?

Olivia Trujillo August 26, 2015

Hi all,

I am trying to use JIRA to create defects.  I have the project and fields all working.  I just have one problem, I cannot create a field that will allow a drop down box (like Assignee) so users can select a person from.  I can create a field that will give me a window where I can look through the list of users and pick one.  However, I would like to be able to have the same functionality as the off the box Assignee.

Is this possible?

thanks,

Olivia

2 answers

0 votes
Olivia Trujillo August 28, 2015

The functionality is the same, is just the presentation.  The presentation for the use-picker window is ALL the users and you have to filter or scroll down to find the user you want.  The Assignee is easier because you have type ahead and so that makes it easier to find the user.  I decided to use the Assignee field rather than create my own.  Thanks anyways!

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 26, 2015

What functionality is missing from the user-picker that you get from the assignee?  Is it the permissions restrictions?

Suggest an answer