Is there a way to configure the issue detail view in Jira 6.3

Tuan Vo September 25, 2014

Is there a way to configure the issue detail view?

5 answers

1 vote
Tuan Vo October 2, 2014

Customizing the issue view screen is limited to only the custom fields.  The answer can be found in the link provided by Julia Wester: https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Defining+a+Screen.  The answer is found at bottom of the page in the Important Notes section: 

• The View Issue operation only allows you to control the layout of custom fields in the middle of the View Issue page. It ignores all the non-custom fields on the Screen.

What this means is that the layout system fields such as Type, Priority, Components, Labels, etc, can be directly configured by the user.  

Thanks to all who helped out smile

RamakrishnanH February 24, 2015

I have a custom date field. But I don't want it to be displayed in Dates section but want to display it in the middle of the View Issue page. Is that possible?

0 votes
Quality Assurance Traffic September 5, 2018

Hi @Tuan Vo2

You can hide / show the required field in the View Issue Fields settings.

Simply go to the following link with your domain name.

https://YOURDOMAIN.atlassian.net/secure/admin/ViewIssueFields.jspa

Click Configure button on your field configuration, and then you can show / hide your required fields.

Thanks

0 votes
Victor Campbell October 1, 2014

I would like to know if this is possible, too.  We are not agile, so the agile solution doesn't seem to answer the question.  Also, the "defining a screen" section doesn't seem to include the issue details screen.

Tuan Vo October 2, 2014

Hi Victor, found the answer.

Prasad Andrews June 1, 2017

Hi All,

Could you please share the answer with me as well.

Am using JIRA v6.2

"FIXED IN BUILD" -- ITS A CUSTOM FIELD

I want to view the "Fixed In Build" field under Details section. Actually, I have added the Fixed In Build field for VIEW/EDIT/CREATE Screens at the same time added the field to Resolve Issue screen.

While resolving the issue I have updated the Fixed in Build filed but it's not displaying the Issue Details View.

Note: The "Fixed In Build" field will be displayed under/beside the "Target Build" field. Please help/suggest me on this....

Issue.PNG

Thank you!

0 votes
Julia Wester [Wittified]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 27, 2014

You can edit any view of an issue using screens. 

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Defining+a+Screen

You can granularly define what is shown on issue edit, view, etc.

Tuan Vo October 2, 2014

Thanks Julia, I found the answer at end of the article in the important notes. You are partially right with your comment, "You can granularly define what is shown on issue edit, view, etc." Configuration to the issue view screen is limited; the following is the answer found in the article: "The View Issue operation only allows you to control the layout of custom fields in the middle of the View Issue page. It ignores all the non-custom fields on the Screen."

0 votes
Benito Picarelli
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 25, 2014

Hi Tuan,

Yes, there is. I believe the following documentation page might help you out with this:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/AGILE/Configuring+the+Issue+Detail+View

Please let me know if this was what you were looking for and, if not, please clarify a bit more on what you expected.

Cheers

Tuan Vo September 26, 2014

Hi Benito, I appreciate your reponse; however this is not what I was looking for. I found this article as well, but what I am looking for is a way to configure regular Jira, not Jira Agile. Do you know of a way to configure regular Jira (non-Agile) issue detail view screen?

Suggest an answer