Is there a way to configure the + button to only add issues, and not projects? (Cloud)

Dane Vosler January 16, 2018

In the new Jira Cloud UI, the [+] button is now present, instead of a [CREATE]. However, this has a sub-select, asking if I want an issue or a project. I think I create 100 issues to 1 project.  Is there any way to have this directly create an issue, now that the CREATE button is gone?

Jira Issue Creation.png

1 answer

0 votes
Fadoua
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 16, 2018

Hi Dane,

I am on JIRA Cloud, but for some reason I am not seeing the same screen than yours. It looks like you customized the look.

haha, I wish I did, then I could customize it back! I have no idea why it's there :)

Fadoua
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 16, 2018

Isn't the red frame with the name at the top your company's logo?

It is. But would adding a logo change the functionality of the [+] button?

Fadoua
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 16, 2018

No Dane it shouldn't at all!

I am surprised because I have personal Cloud account, my layout is completely different.

Fadoua
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 16, 2018

Screen Shot 2018-01-16 at 1.53.35 PM.pngwhen I click on the [+] sign it gives me the option of either create a page or an issue.

Fadoua
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 16, 2018

Looking at your screenshot I think that's how Atlassian wants it, to either create a Project or an issue.

Dane Vosler February 16, 2018

It went away after a while...? Maybe I created enough projects to make it go away :-D

Fadoua
Community Leader
Community Leader
February 16, 2018

Glad to hear that or may be it is no longer there after the new upgrade :)

Suggest an answer