Is there a way to configure JIRA on FREEBSD without any X11 component ?

jbisson July 9, 2012

I'm trying to install JIRA on a freebsd 9.0 that has no X11 component, when I try to run configure.sh, I'm getting this:

DB config file '/home/jira/jira-data/dbconfig.xml' is not created yet - loading database settings as blank.

Exception in thread "main" java.awt.HeadlessException:

No X11 DISPLAY variable was set, but this program performed an operation which requires it.

at java.awt.GraphicsEnvironment.checkHeadless(GraphicsEnvironment.java:159)

at java.awt.Window.<init>(Window.java:406)

at java.awt.Frame.<init>(Frame.java:402)

at java.awt.Frame.<init>(Frame.java:367)

at javax.swing.JFrame.<init>(JFrame.java:163)

at com.atlassian.jira.configurator.gui.ConfiguratorFrame.<init>(ConfiguratorFrame.java:51)

at com.atlassian.jira.configurator.Configurator.startGui(Configurator.java:53)

at com.atlassian.jira.configurator.Configurator.main(Configurator.java:40)

Is there a template file I can use to set-up my database and stuff ? I didn't find anything helpful anywhere....
thanks.

1 answer

1 vote
Colin Goudie
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 9, 2012

Can you edit the configure.sh to add -Djava.awt.headless=true to the JAVA_OPTS? I haven't used the GUI configurer but I thought it also did have commandline option

That's what I'd check first anyway

jbisson July 9, 2012

thanks for your reply but I opened the config.sh file and it doesn't seem to have much in there. Also, I don't think disabling the awt header will solve me problem, I mean, I won't be able to see any GUI thing still....

Suggest an answer