Is there a way to change the default quick filters?

Jason J September 23, 2014

Hello,

Pretty simple question.  I would like to add more default filters when a project is created.  Right now you just get Only My Issues and Recently Updated, I would like to add other default filters when the project is created, otherwise, I need to add these filters to all new projects.

Thank You

4 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 23, 2014

I'm sorry, I've misunderstood the question - I missed out the word "quick", and there was no mention of Agile or boards.  Plus, you mentioned projects, and Agile boards are not locked to projects, you can have several projects in one board.

My other answer was about the project summary filters.

The Agile quick filters are different again.  There's no way to add more of them without fiddling with the internals of the Agile plugin.

0 votes

Yes, it is.

0 votes
Jose M.
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 23, 2014

Your question.is probably more about Agile, isn't it?

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 23, 2014

Not quite.  These filters do not belong to projects, they are generalised and accept the project as part of their way of working.

In other words, you don't create them when a project is created, they exist for all projects, and they know where they are being run from.

So, if you were to add more, you'd find they exist for ALL projects automatically.

Now, the bad news is that you need to write a bit of code.  The good news is that it's relatively easy, and well documented at https://developer.atlassian.com/display/JIRADEV/How+to+create+a+custom+preset+filter

Hello,

Would these filters also display in the agile boards?

Thanks for the help.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 23, 2014

Same as the project filters, I think.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 23, 2014

The system dashboard is nothing to do with the project summary filters or default filters.

Suggest an answer