Is there a way to change account after the time was logged?

Alex Reed March 29, 2016

Hello. 

I wonder how can i change the "linkage" between logged work and Tempo account. 

The situation: 

1. account field is visible and mandatory in the project issues.
  2. there are several accounts linked to this project 
  3. I'm able to edit and delete worklogs (i want to find another way of changing worklog)
  4. I logged work to account "A" but I want to change it and I want my time to be "switched" to account "B". 

Is there a way to bulk edit all the time in the issue and move it to a single account? 

Changing the account field doesn't change the loged time and account binding.

Thank you. 

3 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Hlynur Johnsen
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 29, 2016

Hi Alex,

If you are using Account Worklog Attribute, you need to change the Account on each worklog, if you selected an Account when the work was logged.  You can do this via the Report view of the Timesheet: Go to Tempo->Timesheets, select User Timesheet and the Report view mode.  Make sure that the Account column is switched on.  Now you can edit the Accounts for individual worklogs, provided that the period hasn't been closed and the Account has not been approved for the period.  Unfortunately there is no bulk editing option for this at the moment.

If you are not using the Account Worklog Attribute, all worklogs use the Account selected on the issue, so if you change that selection, all worklogs will reference the new Account.

Hope this helps!

Regards,

Hlynur Johnsen

Product Owner - Tempo

Tino Löffler March 17, 2017

Hi Hlynur,

this doesn't work for me.

I can't edit the worklog in the report view at all.

Regards,

Tino

1 vote
Alex Reed March 29, 2016

Thank you for the answer, enabling account column helped. But is it so about changing account field?

"If you are not using the Account Worklog Attribute, all worklogs use the Account selected on the issue, so if you change that selection, all worklogs will reference the new Account."

Situation:

Worklog attribute is disabled (empty list). No periods are closed. Issue has Account - "A" but time is logged to account "B". Timesheet report shows worklog bound with account "B". Which is logical. I edit issue account field and select account "C". Refresh the timesheet page, but still there is the same account shown next to the logged time even though you said it should switch to account "C". 

0 votes
Hlynur Johnsen
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 30, 2016

"Worklog attribute is disabled (empty list)"  - Are you referring to the list of Worklog Attributes in JIRA Administration setting in Add-Ons->Tempo->Worklog Attributes?

If that is the case, you shouldn't be able to select a different account for the worklog when you log time - the worklog will always use the Account selected for the JIRA Issue.

Are you sure you are not using the Account Worklog Attribute?  When you log time, do you get the Account selector in the Log Work dialog?  That indicates that the Account Worklog Attribute is in use.

Now, I'm not saying that it's necessarily the right setup for your use case to disable the Account Worklog Attribute.  What I'm trying to get at is that if you are using it, you will need to change the account for each worklog individually. 

Regards,

Hlynur

Alex Reed March 30, 2016

Thank you. I found the reason of this behavior. It works as you said. 

As I understand Worklog attribute is a global change? And therefore, Account dropdown list should be visible in all projects regardless of any account linkage? 

I need this dropdown list in log work panel in projects that have accounts and at the same time I don't want this field in projects that are not linked to any account. 

Right now (on test instance) when I try to log time into an issue from the project that doen't have accounts I still see account dropdown fied but I'm unable to select anything. Can I make this field disapperar for those kind of projects? 

Hlynur Johnsen
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 1, 2016

Yes, using the Account worklog attribute is a global change, but you still need to link the Accounts to the projects you want to use them in.  That applies to both the issue level link and the worklog level link.

If you use the Account worklog attribute, you will always see that option in the log work dialog, although, if it's not required, it can be left empty.

You can use Screens to define what fields are visible on the project and issue type level.  You can find more information about this here: https://confluence.atlassian.com/jira/configuring-fields-and-screens-187859099.html

Please note that if you do not want to use Accounts on the issue level for all projects, you need to make sure that the Accounts field is not required for the relevant Field Configuration.  Here is more info on that: https://tempoplugin.jira.com/wiki/display/ACCOUNTS/Accounts+Configuration

Hope this helps you get correctly set up for your use case smile

Regards,

Hlynur

Suggest an answer