Is there a way to capture the customer's browser and operating system?

Steve Stringer May 9, 2016

I'm trying to set up a bug report page in Support Desk. A critical piece of information is to retrieve the customer's browser information. It would be ideal if I could capture this automatically in hidden fields, but I'm not finding any way to capture this info.  Can anyone suggest a technique that works?

Thanks in advance.

-Steve

3 answers

2 votes
Michael Clinton May 9, 2016

I too would love to find out how to do this.

1 vote
Dane Palmer December 8, 2016

My organisation is also desperate to have this feature, which frankly is a staple of all dedicated service desk systems. The user's IP address, browser version, operating system and the url that they were on when the followed the link to the helpdesk are all vital bits of information for customer support.

Frustratingly this is all possible to do using Jira's own Issue Collector, however due to he way in which it works with the service desk API and the limitations around customer account types we are not currently able to use it (more info here: https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/44359172).

1 vote
Dan Stoodley July 21, 2016

Also interested in this.  I'm particularly looking for a way to capture the end users IP address, or computer name.

Suggest an answer