Is there a way to bulk update Editors on JIRA Filters?

Kayla Fessler January 24, 2020

I have several active filters, I was wondering if there is way to bulk update editor for several filters at a time rather than going into each separate filter.

Side note: If several of my filters are based off of one filter, if I grant permissions for a user to edit that one, would associated filters using that parent filter have access to them?

* I assume not, but I figure i'd ask.

Thank you!!

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Stephen Wright _Elabor8_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 25, 2020

Hi @Kayla Fessler

For bulk editing editors, this isn't possible by default. There is a suggestion to improve this, see JRASERVER-65489.

Not something I've experienced, but it might be possible to do with a scripting app such as ScriptRunner - see this function for bulk changing ownership you could attempt to extend? You could also try the REST API - see some detail on share permissions here.

---------------------

For the side note, do you mean if you have several filters using another "main" filter as part of their query (i.e filter = "XXXXX"), does the user have permissions to edit all of them?

If so, no. There is no hierarchy of filters, each is separate and the user would need editor access granted in each one to edit them.

The only relationship between those filters is that if the "main" filter is edited, the results in all associated filters will change also.

Let me know if this isn't what you meant :)

Ste

Kayla Fessler January 27, 2020

Hi Stephen,

Thank you so much for your response, this was very helpful.

As far as 'main' filter, that makes sense.

Thanks again,

Kayla

Suggest an answer