Is there a way to 'bulk' resolve items in JIRA?

Stephanie Challand June 3, 2014

When I go to release a version I get the following message.

"There are still 83 unresolved issue(s) for this version."

If I go into the items they show that they are resolved but the resolution is 'unresolved'. I am using our customized workflow. What I am I doing wrong?

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 3, 2014

Your customised workflow does not contain the "resolve issue screen" on the resolve transition, or a post-function to set the resolution automatically.

First, fix the workflow by putting in a screen with resolution on it (only on resolve/close transitions! Never on edit or a transition into "open"!). Or use a post-function to set it to a fixed value

Second, the harder part - you need to be able to set the resolution on the 83 broken issues. You could re-open and re-resolve them, or put in a transition from resolved back to resolved with the resolution screen or post function. Or, my usual trick for one-offs - add the resolution to the "edit" screen, use bulk edit, and then remove it (requires that the users do NOT touch the project while you do it)

0 votes
Stephanie Challand June 3, 2014

Thanks! I think I added the resolution to our last step of the workflow correctly. I can go through these manually, I just don't want to have to continue doing it for all of our updates. Thanks again!

Suggest an answer