Is there a way to 'bulk' resolve items in JIRA?

When I go to release a version I get the following message.

"There are still 83 unresolved issue(s) for this version."

If I go into the items they show that they are resolved but the resolution is 'unresolved'. I am using our customized workflow. What I am I doing wrong?

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Accepted answer

Your customised workflow does not contain the "resolve issue screen" on the resolve transition, or a post-function to set the resolution automatically.

First, fix the workflow by putting in a screen with resolution on it (only on resolve/close transitions! Never on edit or a transition into "open"!). Or use a post-function to set it to a fixed value

Second, the harder part - you need to be able to set the resolution on the 83 broken issues. You could re-open and re-resolve them, or put in a transition from resolved back to resolved with the resolution screen or post function. Or, my usual trick for one-offs - add the resolution to the "edit" screen, use bulk edit, and then remove it (requires that the users do NOT touch the project while you do it)

Thanks! I think I added the resolution to our last step of the workflow correctly. I can go through these manually, I just don't want to have to continue doing it for all of our updates. Thanks again!

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Published Nov 27, 2018 in Portfolio for Jira

Introducing a new planning experience in Portfolio for Jira (Server/DC)

In the past, Portfolio for Jira required a high degree of detail–foresight that was unrealistic for many businesses to   have–in   order to produce a reliable long-term roadmap. We're tur...

2,344 views 13 19
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you