Is there a way to automate a ticket move?

Nathaniel Erlandson August 19, 2016

I know there isn't a clear way to automate a ticket move within JIRA right now, but is there a plugin I can use that will accomplish this?

My main issue is that many of our user submitted tickets are issues that our developers will need to work on within JIRA Software. So in order for agents to not have to touch each ticket that comes in and move the respective ones to Software project, I would like to be able to implement an auto check to verify whether the ticket is of software type, and if so, to move it into one of the software projects.

This just seems like something JIRA should be capable of doing. Maybe I'm asking for too much or I'm not looking at this correctly, but any/all info would be greatly helpful. A lot of the posts I saw for questions similar to this are a few years old, so I'm wondering if something has changed since then.

Thanks

2 answers

0 votes
Steven F Behnke
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 20, 2016

Move operations can be extremely complex due to fieldsets and field requirements between two separate projects and issue types. This sort of thing should be taken into extreme care.

Why don't you just use a separate Service Desk for this other team?

0 votes
Phill Fox
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 19, 2016

One option for you is to use listeners in Scriptrunner for JIRA where you can define the conditions you want to match and then sutomate the action.

I assume the JIRA service desk au

Phill Fox
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 19, 2016

... automation is indufficient.

Suggest an answer