Is there a way to associate a sprint with the fixVersion? Edited

I'm using JIRA v7.2.8 and I'm looking for a way to automatically update the fixVersion field based on the Sprint field or vice versa. I would like to use the fixVersion field to indicate which release the JIRA ticket will be included in and not utilize the sprint field (this is a small project where each release would only include one sprint so we would like to use one field or the other). I would like to view all issues on the backlog (on the same board) and group issues by version. The only way I've found that this is possible, is by adding a sprint for each version to the backlog and moving issues from each version into its own sprint (and manually updating the fixVersion field). Is there a way that the fixVersion can be associated with a sprint so that adding the issue to a sprint would automatically update the fixVersion field or vice versa so that updating the fixVersion field would pull the issue into the sprint on the backlog? I know you can search with JQL by either sprint or fixVersion and bulk edit, but I'm trying to streamline processes as much as possible.

1 answer

0 votes

Seconded. I would like to be able to drag and drop issues from sprint to sprint, and associate a sprint with a FixVersion so that the FixVersion automatically updates when I drag a story into a different sprint.

This is particularly important for the Aha! Integration in which Aha! works on a release-based system. The two platforms would be REALLY easy to keep in sync.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted Sep 18, 2018 in Jira

What modern development practices are at the heart of how your team delivers software?

Hey Community mates! Claire here from the Software Product Marketing team. We all know software development changes rapidly, and it's often tough to keep up. But from our research, we've found the h...

23,067 views 2 7
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you