Is there a way to allow customers to resolve or close out service desk tickets in their customer service portal?

Christina Duffy January 13, 2016

This question is in reference to Atlassian Documentation: Working on service desk projects

Is there a way to allow customers to resolve or close out service desk tickets in their customer service portal?

2 answers

1 vote
Hilary Boyce
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 15, 2018

There is now a way to do this - see https://confluence.atlassian.com/servicedeskcloud/blog/2016/06/more-transitions-fewer-notifications.

Basically you edit the workflow using the diagram view (doesn't work in text view) edit a transition and click a new checkbox for show on customer portal.

gates gates April 30, 2019

Is there an option available to give the customer an option to change select one of the two states? ex: pending-test and Ready-to-close.

With the "Resolve" option, I assume I can set it to only one state transition for ex: 'when customer clicks resolve, the ticket state automatically closes', but I am looking for an option to let the customer inform of two possible states.

0 votes
dmachado1 January 14, 2016

Hello Christina, thank you for contacting us. 

It's really unfortunate but at the moment our Service Desk solution do not allow Portal customers to interact with the issue state, so there's currently no solution as to enable the customer to Open/Close the ticket by himself.

Atlassian is already aware of this feature request and is currently working on a solution for it.

Here's the link for the Suggestion:

If possible, please vote for it, leave a comment with your concerns and subscribe yourself as watcher to be notified about changes, as it makes the issue more noticeable to our Service Desk Development Team.

If you need any further help, please let us know!

Kind regards,
Diego Gundel Machado

Mathias Pelletier September 14, 2017

Hello Diego, 

I also would like to allow customers to close cases from their portal. 

Could you please tell me if a solution is now available? 

If not, do you any workaround to make it ? 

Thanks for your help. 

Alexandros Hatziandreou October 18, 2018

Hello,

I would like,too, customers to be able to close cases from their portal.
Any updates at this issue or any workaround?

Thank you in advance

Suggest an answer