Is there a way to allow Service Desk customers to edit other customers' issues without using up a license?

Beth Herr October 19, 2016

I would like to allow a small set of customers the privilege to edit other customers' issues in order to set appropriate priority based all the work the respective team has submitted. Is there a way to allow this small set of customers the ability to edit in Service Desk without using JIRA + Service Desk licenses and give them access to JIRA to edit? 

1 answer

0 votes
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 19, 2016

Beth,

what do you mean by edit? I assume you mean the following:

Customer A:

• creates an issue via portal/email
  • they can view the issue in the portal and can comment or, if transition exist on the portal, e.g. resolve, then they can act on the transition

Customer B:

• can find the issue that Customer A created
  • can perform the same actions that Customer A can above.

If you use the Organization feature then Customer B has the ability to see and act on Customer A's request.

Regarding the "edit" question, my point was that customer edits are limited to commenting and, if configured on the portal, transitions.

Beth Herr October 19, 2016

Your assumption is correct @Jack Brickey - I want Customer B to edit Customer A's request. But, specifically, I want them to be able to edit a field on the request (the priority field). If editing is limited to commenting and transitions, it does not seem that my desire for editing is available. The organization feature could be a good start in that direction though. Thanks!

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 19, 2016

There are plugins that might let you achieve what you want w/ Priority but if you are on cloud likely not. Another thing you could try, though i feel it would be clunky if it works is to create a 'Raise Priority' or 'Lower Priority' transition and have a post function in the workflow to set the priority to High (or whatever). cheeky

Beth Herr October 20, 2016

thank you @Jack Brickey

Suggest an answer