Is there a way to add the JIRA custom field to Issue Details Tab

Prasad Andrews June 1, 2017

Hi All,

Could you please suggest me on this query

Am using JIRA Software v6.2

"FIXED IN BUILD" -- ITS A CUSTOM FIELD

I want to view the "Fixed In Build" field under Details section. Actually, I have added the Fixed In Build field for VIEW/EDIT/CREATE Screens at the same time added the field to Resolve Issue screen.

When resolving the issue I have updated the Fixed in Build filed but it's not displaying the Issue Details View.

Note: The "Fixed In Build" field will be displayed under/beside the "Target Build" field. Please help/suggest me on this....

Issue.PNGRegards,

Andy.

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 1, 2017

No, custom fields that are not user or date based go into the custom field panel.  I'm afraid moving them into "details" is hacking code in the core system.

Prasad Andrews June 5, 2017

Hi Nic,

But if I edit the issue and update the "Fixed in Build" value it's displaying under details section. 

FYI.. Please find the below snapshot

Capture 2.PNGWhile Developers resolved/fixed the issue they are updating the "Fixed in Build filed" but it's not displaying under details view. If we "EDIT" the issue and update the "Fixed In Build" value then it's displaying under Details View Tab. 

Please suggest me on this...

Thanks in Advance!

Regards,

Andy. 

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 5, 2017

Hi Andy.  I'm sorry, I have completely misunderstood the problem.

I will try again!

>"While Developers resolved/fixed the issue they are updating the "Fixed in Build filed" but it's not displaying under details view. If we "EDIT" the issue and update the "Fixed In Build" value then it's displaying under Details View Tab. "

I want to paraphrase that back to you to make sure I have understood it, and ask another question

• Editing the issue is working correctly for you - the users click edit, fill in the field, commit it, and the display then shows the field.  (This is good, and what I expect)
  • When resolving/fixing the issue, they fill the field in, but it does not display on the view issue when they come back to it
  • That leads me on to the question - what is the process of "resolving/fixing" issue?  Is it a transition with a screen that holds the field?  Or something else?
Prasad Andrews June 6, 2017

Hi Nic, 

The issue is fixed now. Thank you, i have updated the field to the Transition screens. Now while resolving/fixing the issue they update the field in. So it displayed on the view issue.

Thank you so much for your solution.

Resolved.PNG

Suggest an answer