Is there a way to add somthing like "Your role" in a jira issue to an email?

Jasen Sparacino June 23, 2014

We have more roles here than just Assignee and Reporter. When we recieve notifications it would be nice to have that included. We have a custom field that alows people to own issues. Also, if I am just a watcher on an issues it would be helpful to know that as well in the notification. We also have a "lead". Sometimtes it't not always clear why you recieve a notification so to be able to add that would be great. In the past we did with source code modification but we are trying to get away from that.

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Jasen Sparacino July 24, 2014

We had to make a plugin and mod the templates to get the info we wanted.

0 votes
Danilo Conrad
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 24, 2014

Hi Jasen,

It seems you would like something similar to what was asked on the related post below:

https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/45630/add-reason-for-email-to-jira-notification

Unfortunately, this is not possible in JIRA by default, and requires some kind of customization (either by modifying the velocity templates or via code) to be achieved.

Cheers,

Danilo

0 votes
Teck-En
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 23, 2014

It's not possible without editing the velocity mail template used by JIRA: https://developer.atlassian.com/display/JIRADEV/Adding+Custom+Fields+to+Email

Jasen Sparacino June 24, 2014

I get that part but how do I get the template to figure out what your role is? For instance, if my role in the issue was "watcher" how do I get that to show in the email as "Your Role: Watcher" as oppsed to say a custom field value like, Owner. In which case it would say "Your Role: Owner" or "Your Role: Lead" which Lead would be another custom field that we have.

Suggest an answer