Is there a way to add somthing like "Your role" in a jira issue to an email?

We have more roles here than just Assignee and Reporter. When we recieve notifications it would be nice to have that included. We have a custom field that alows people to own issues. Also, if I am just a watcher on an issues it would be helpful to know that as well in the notification. We also have a "lead". Sometimtes it't not always clear why you recieve a notification so to be able to add that would be great. In the past we did with source code modification but we are trying to get away from that.

3 answers

1 accepted

This widget could not be displayed.

We had to make a plugin and mod the templates to get the info we wanted.

Yew Teck En Atlassian Team Jun 23, 2014

It's not possible without editing the velocity mail template used by JIRA: https://developer.atlassian.com/display/JIRADEV/Adding+Custom+Fields+to+Email

I get that part but how do I get the template to figure out what your role is? For instance, if my role in the issue was "watcher" how do I get that to show in the email as "Your Role: Watcher" as oppsed to say a custom field value like, Owner. In which case it would say "Your Role: Owner" or "Your Role: Lead" which Lead would be another custom field that we have.

Hi Jasen,

It seems you would like something similar to what was asked on the related post below:

https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/45630/add-reason-for-email-to-jira-notification

Unfortunately, this is not possible in JIRA by default, and requires some kind of customization (either by modifying the velocity templates or via code) to be achieved.

Cheers,

Danilo

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Summit 2018

Meet the community IRL

Atlassian Summit is an excellent opportunity for in-person support, training, and networking.

Learn more
Community showcase
Posted Wednesday in New to Jira

Are you planning to trial, or are currently trialling Jira Software? - We want to talk to you!

Hello! I'm Rayen, a product manager at Atlassian. My team and I are working hard to improve the trial experience for Jira Software Cloud. We are interested in   talking to 20 people planning t...

113 views 2 0
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you