Is there a way to add graphics to a confluence page without them being listed in the attachments?

Chelsea McCall March 7, 2019

I am adding graphics to our Confluence pages and it includes the images listed in our attachments which we don't want. Is there a way to include graphics on the page but not in the attachments of the page?

1 answer

0 votes
Victor Mutambuki
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 7, 2019

Can you attach as an image?

That's what I do and it still includes it in attachments

Victor Mutambuki
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 7, 2019

I see. Both images and PDFs are considered as files and saved under attachments.

I found a work around. I attached all the images to a restricted page and then brought those attachments into other pages

Victor Mutambuki
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 7, 2019

Brought in the images as a link?

I used these instructions once I attached the images to a restricted page.

Attaching images Confluence.PNG

Jonathan Smith
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 19, 2019

Confluence does not have an 'asset library' like other collaboration tools so your pictures will be attachments on the page.

If you store the attachment in another location and reference it (like your instructions above), then your users will need view permissions to that source page.

Suggest an answer