Is there a way to add different statuses at the project level in Jira Software?

Kristine Gemici June 29, 2022

Currently, there are only two options for projects that are not active, "Trash" or "Archive" .  We would like to identify/categorize projects that would fall into these categories: 

"Held"

"Cancelled"

"Not Started"

"Closed"

Is there a way to do this at the project level? 

jira.jpg

3 answers

3 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Leo Diaz _ DEISER
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 29, 2022

Hi @Kristine Gemici !

I'm Leo Díaz Product Manager of Projectrak (formerly Profields). If I can help you, please let me know! 

Projectrak will allow you to add properties like status or priority at project level

This is what Projectrak Cloud looks like:

If the category is not enough, perhaps Projectrak is a more complete solution.

I hope it helps you!

Click here to try it

Leo

Oh my goodness thank you so much!!!! I will definitely look into this!

Like Leo Diaz _ DEISER likes this
1 vote
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 29, 2022

No, that's not a status or field, it's a functional thing.   Trashed projects will be deleted eventually, and archived ones are not indexed.  It's not a project status.

Thank you Nic! Is there any way to add an "index" to archived projects??

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 29, 2022

The point of archiving is to drop them out of the index - they're not supposed to be actively used!

There is something you could do though - Jira has a simple implementation of a "project category" (it's actually in the screenshot you gave in the question).  It's a single project field, so you can't do things like "project is green AND blue at the same time", but you can set up whatever categories you want and group projects into them.

It can also be used in searches - "category = green" will return all issues in all projects that are categorised as "green"

Thank you Nic!! This could definitely be an option ... the other problem is that we currently utilize this to group projects by region.. for example : NALA, EAME, APAC , etc... Is there a way to add additional columns for categories... I can see the benefit/need to have multiple columns in the project view that would allow for different ways to group projects... (kind of like what you can do in a spreadsheet)... we could really use this for marking projects with a certain status like "green" , "red" , "orange".... 

Really appreciate your feedback and suggestion on this!! Hoping there are some further options with this... 

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 29, 2022

No, the category is a single select list, and as I said, there's only one of them.

Like Kristine Gemici likes this

Okay thank you... I suppose that is another option worst case scenario but then we would need to change the category and lose the link with the regions.  

Thanks for the help on this..... If we wanted to start a request with Atlassian to add this feature, how is this done??? Is it done by others searching for this request and liking it or is there another place where this is added to increase the # of votes? 

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 29, 2022

Yep, they gather feature requests in public, at https://jira.atlassian.com/browse but I suspect that there's already a request for this, probably noted with "give Projectrak  a try"

If it's of any help, I've used that a couple of times and it does a good job (albeit I was using the server version, I doubt the Cloud version is hugely different)

Leo Diaz _ DEISER
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 29, 2022

This is the feature request:
https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRASERVER-1991 

Like # people like this
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 29, 2022

Thanks Leo!

Thanks so much Leo!

0 votes
Answer accepted
Mayur Jadhav
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 29, 2022

Hi @Kristine Gemici ,

Welcome

I don't think so that is possible in Jira as it is global functionality so you can't not customized it.

Regards,

Mayur

Thanks so much Jadhav for the quick response on this! I am hoping that others might have some ideas if this is not possible... The only other option I can think of is to change the name of the project and include this status at the start of the title so that we could late adjust that but having a category would really be a preference so that we could later run reports for this... Do you know  how I could suggest this as an improvement?? 

-Kristine 

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events