Is there a way to add a date to a release in Jira?

Deleted user April 4, 2016

Hello everyone,

In our release process, we deliver new features to our customers in 2 steps.

• Step 1 is a delivery in UAT (User Acceptance Tests).
  • Step 2, after our customer approved all the changes, is a delivery on a production server.

Currently in Jira, there is 2 dates per release. "Start Date" and "Release Date".

I would like to add a third date that I would call "UAT Date".

Is there a way to do that? Built in or using an add-on?

Thanks in advance for your help,

Charles

1 answer

0 votes

Sure Charles - just add a custom date field named UAT Date (or what ever you want) and update the value with a post function in the work flow that transitions from the status before the UAT status. Be sure to clear the value if it moves back to an earlier status. (if you don't want folks to edit it, don't add it to the edit screen)

see here for custom field help - https://confluence.atlassian.com/jira/adding-a-custom-field-185729521.html

Let me know if you need more.

Hello Tom,

Thank for your answer, but I think that what you describe is for adding a field to issues.

I am looking to add a date field to releases.

Release.png

I would like to add a third date along with the "Start Date" and the "Release Date".

Will what you described help me do that?

Regards,

Charles

Opps, didn't realize that!

No this will not work for the release object. If you are using the On-Demand/Cloud version I don't think you have any options.

Anyone else?

Casey Maynard April 12, 2019

With the release of JIRA 8.0 is there any new ability to add more dates to the Releases 'object'?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events