Is there a way to activate an inactive workflow that I would like to map to a project?

agnes.carayol May 6, 2015

I've drafted a workflow for our service desk. This latter is for now inactive and I would like to activate it to apply the designed workflow for one project. What are the steps to make this workflow inactive to active?

3 answers

5 votes
Udo Brand
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 6, 2015

Select your project, click on workflow scheme and add the inactive workflow for the relevant issue types. This is how to replace the old workflow with the new one.

Or you create a new workflow scheme (with the new workflow) and replace the complete workflow scheme within your project.

0 votes
Satish Tatikonda June 14, 2019

Thanks

0 votes
agnes.carayol May 7, 2015

Thanks Udo, I did select the project and add the new workflow, then went to publish to replace the current workflow with the new template. 

Can we have several workflows according to which requests (issue type) is pushed by the customer?

Udo Brand
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 7, 2015

Sure, each issuetype can have an own workflow (per project). Just go to your workflow scheme and add a workflow just for one issuetype, repeat this for all other issuetypes (with different workflows if all should have a different one)

Like Mike likes this
agnes.carayol May 7, 2015

Thanks a mill.

Udo Brand
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 7, 2015

Glad I could help. But why have you accepted your answer?

Suggest an answer