Is there a way to Set Field Value from Parent but not replacing the existing value?

Pan Wong April 2, 2013

For example, I have a workflow to set component from a parent task. However, we would like the ability for users to put in the necessary component even if it's a different component from the parent's task.

Parent Task has component "A"

I created a subtask under that Parent Task, but fills in component "B"

Ends result right now is that my Subtask has component "A" and component "B" was removed.

Thanks.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
AgentSmith
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 6, 2013

Greetings,

With the OnDemand platform, configuring sub-tasks in this way is not possible, unfortunately.

From our docs:

Configuring sub-task fields displayed on parent issues

Not applicable to JIRA OnDemand.

JIRA system administrators can define which fields of sub-tasks are displayed in the Sub-Tasks section on the 'view issue' page of a parent issue (which contains one or more sub-tasks). This is done by editing the value of the jira.table.cols.subtasks property on JIRA'sAdvanced Settings page.

Specify which fields you want to show in the Sub-Tasks section of a parent issue's 'view issue' page by entering the appropriate 'value' for each field in a comma-separated list. The jira.table.cols.subtasks property can accept the values indicated in right-hand column of the IssueFieldConstants table on the Constant Field Values page (of JIRA's API documentation)

Here is that link if interested:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/AOD/Configuring+Sub-tasks

Sorry I could not be of more service.

Cheers,

Jason | Atlassian

Suggest an answer