Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Sign up Log in

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Is there a way to COPY (not move) Jira issues from a project to another project?

I have a NextGen (Team Managed) project that has 50 issues. (e.g., ABC-1 through ABC-50)  I want to copy all of them to a new project  (XYZ-1 through XYZ-50).  what is the best way to do this? I do not want to move them. I want to copy them.  All associated links will also port over.

If there is a way to copy a project to a new project. It would work as well.

Are any of these capabilities possible?

4 answers

1 vote
yuliia_b_SaaSJet Marketplace Partner Mar 30, 2021

Hi @Phil 

There should be the ellipsis on the top-right corner of the ticket you want to move. Then select the project you want to move the cloned ticket to. You can read more details here: https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-questions/How-to-copy-jira-issue-from-one-project-to-another-project/qaq-p/1105073

Hope it helps.

Regards

0 votes

Hi @Phil,

With our app Deep Clone for Jira you can bulk clone thousands of issues at once and move them to other Jira projects while cloning.

If you have questions or feedback, don't hesitate to get in touch with our support.

Ok. Deep Clone for JIRA. HIGH MARKS all around. not only does it do what I want it do, it anticipated many of the ways we want it to copy and accounted for it. It meets 99% of what we were looking for. And the other 1%? It is probably something we haven't learned it could do yet.  Very well thought out.

Well done.

Thanks a lot for the motivating words, @Phil . I forwarded your comment to our team and they were delighted. 

Feel free to get in touch with us about the other 1%. We're happy to help.

0 votes
Jack Brickey Community Leader Mar 30, 2021

can you use the Clone feature then Move them to the new project?

2021-03-30_11-04-55.jpg

0 votes
SriKumar P Atlassian Team Mar 30, 2021

Hi @Phil ,

Welcome to Atlassian Community.

Please check the below thread and let us know if this is helpful or not:
https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-questions/Bulk-copy-clone-issues-from-one-project-to-another/qaq-p/89770

-Sri

Suggest an answer

Log in or Sign up to answer
DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you