Is there a way to BULK UPDATE "Issue Links"?

JanaW
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 27, 2014

Is there a way to BULK UPDATE "Issue Links"? We are switching from a link type of "Blocked" and "Blocked By" to "Implements" and "Implemented by".

JIRA Downloaded version: 6.2.4 Jira Agile: 6.3.12

4 answers

2 votes
Nick January 20, 2020

Do a JSQL search for "project = nnnnn AND issue in linkedIssues(IssueKey)" where n is your project number and issuekey is the issue that are linked to. 

Then select 3 Dots top right and click on Bulk change all nn issue(s) where n = number of issues.

Alternatively do any JSQL query that calls results for all the issues you need and do the same.

Jeret Shuck February 6, 2020

Thanks Nick! This is exactly what I needed!

0 votes
Sam Beavis September 19, 2019

Also interested. 86 items are tested by that need to be tests, and cant find a way to bulk change

0 votes
John Rocha January 27, 2017

Interested in this too. If it's not possible, I would like this to be added as a feature.

For my scenario I have 5 backlogs, that are similar enough that we want them all cross linked.

LO-7091, LO-7806, LO-8359, LO-8362, LO-8364

I want to be able to do a bulk edit on all of these backlogs, go to the "change/update" link option,  enter LO-7091, LO-7806, LO-8359, LO-8362, LO-8364 and for the JIRA to correctly add the necessary/missing links – automatically taking care of the fact that we cannot link to ourselves.

0 votes
Erik Zwerling October 22, 2015

I need an answer to this as well...I have tickets w/ dependencies named, "Depends on" and "is needed by" but I want to switch them to the Gantt-Chart Plugin equivalents. Would like a way to bulk change this instead of individually.

Suggest an answer