Is there a way that a custom field (free text) with a URL not be clickable from the view screen?

John_Diaz May 30, 2017

URL LINK.PNGWe report malicious URLs and because the URL is clickable, our analyst make the accident of clicking on it.  Is there a way to make the URL not a clickable hyperlink?

Sample image attached.

2 answers

0 votes
somethingblue
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 31, 2017

Hi Orawan,

In JIRA you can also use the noformat tag - {noformat}.  The URL between the tags will not have the formatting.  This will allow you to paste other links if you chose to.  For other formatting here is a link to the Text Formatting Notation Help.

Cheers,

Branden

Orawan Sittakom
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 31, 2017

Hi Branden,

Thank you. I tried to test this but seem not worked. 

I understand when creating a new text field, it will be set to "Default Text Renderer" by default. So if entering {noformat} in text field, this format {noformat} will not be recognized. The URL is till clickable. 

image.jpg

0 votes
Orawan Sittakom
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 30, 2017

Hi John,

You can make the URL not a clickable hyperlink by changing "Renderers" of your text field via Field Configuration.

- Browse to admin page of your project (you should be admin of project)

- Click on Fields

- Click edit Field Configuration of required issue type, e.g. Field Configuration of Email Submission issue type (you should be admin of JIRA system)

- Find you text field "malicious URL" and click on Renderers link (see a image attached below)

renderers.jpg

- Change "Default Text Renderer" to "Wiki Style Renderer".

- Verify your issue again.

Hope this helps. 

John_Diaz May 31, 2017

Hi Orawan,

Thanks for your help.  It kind of worked.  For my test tickets, the URLs aren't clickable anymore but the existing (majority) tickets with URLs are still clickable?  This is all coming from the same Project. 

Any idea why some of the tickets work and some don't from that same Project?

Orawan Sittakom
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 31, 2017

Is there only one Field Configuration applied in your project or multiple Field Configuration seperated for each issue type?

If they were created as the same issue type, the result should be the same. 

Are the existing tickets and test tickets the same issue type?

John_Diaz June 1, 2017

It's one field config tied to only one project under only one issue type. 

The existing ticket and test ticket are of the same issue type as well. 

Out of curiosity, I took the URL from the existing ticket and pasted on the test ticket and the URL became clickable again. 

Orawan Sittakom
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 1, 2017

Can you provide me that URL?

Another additional solution:

After you changed Renderer of text field to "Wiki Style Renderer", you will be able to add a tag, e.g. {noformat} as Branden suggested below. 

Please try to add a tag {noformat} as prefix/suffix of URL, like this

{noformat}www.testing.com/test/xxxxxxxxxxx{noformat}

Does it work for all tickets?

Suggest an answer