Is there a way in Jira to see how much time I logged today

paul.finnedison September 12, 2019

Hi all,

Is there a way in Jira to see how much time I logged today? (We do have Jira 7.13.1)

I know I can filter with JQL for Items I logged time on and that I filter with times (start/endOfDay())

But I don't see how much of the time logged on this tickets was
1) logged by me
2) was logged by me today

Is there a way with plain Jira (or ScriptRunner) to do so in the Web interface?

If not is there some REST interface that returns that as JSON/XML/XLS that I can query via Postman to retrieve that information?

1 answer

0 votes
Deniz Oğuz
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 12, 2019

There are some plugins that gives this information. You can also retrieve worklog information with REST API but you need write a script. Because it only returns worklogs for today and you need to send a second query for every worklog returned from first query to retrieve worklog detail. After that you need to filter for your own username.

https://docs.atlassian.com/software/jira/docs/api/REST/8.4.0/#api/2/worklog

This may be easier with ScriptRunner. You can use getWorklogsUpdatedSince method of WorklogManager class. But you still need to implement some filtering logic.

paul.finnedison September 24, 2019

Hi,

The script would be fine for me ...

Are there any simply ready-to-use samples for real scripts to see how to start/how complicated it is?
Maybe with something basic query like getting all tickets of a user that are in progress?

Getting started links are not working on the API page ... and they seem to be for Plugin Developers - is there something that is really for an external script?

Suggest an answer