Is there a way for Kepler's Database Custom Field to show more than 1 column (field) as options

Peter Bengov
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 17, 2014

I'm using some Database Information fields that are connected to our DB.

I was wondering if the text preview of the auto-complete or the select list could display not just the saved value (the one we put in Column option) but also other values from the values we get back from DB.

Just show them, without actually saving the value.  

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Alexandru_Iacob
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 17, 2014

Hi,

At this moment, a Database Information field only displays the suggestions corresponding to the specified column from configuration.

There is no way to display also values from other columns without saving them to the issue.

You can use Database Child Information fields to display values from other columns in the query, but these will also be saved on issue.

Kind Regards,

Alex

Peter Bengov
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 17, 2014

Thanks Alexandru. Since I'm using the "Multiple Values" option, I'm not able to use Database Child Information fields :( It could have been very helpful of course if it did exist

Suggest an answer