Is there a way I can stop completed tasks showing in my Components list?

Mark Williams September 26, 2016

My components list is showing tasks that have been "Done", is there a way I can disable this so they don't show. I don't really want to go into completed tasks and remove the component from each one.

9 answers

0 votes
Steven F Behnke
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 28, 2016

Excellent! smile Thanks for letting me know. 

0 votes
Mark Williams September 27, 2016

Steven, thanks - the Issue Stats dashboard idea worked a treat!

0 votes
Steven F Behnke
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 27, 2016

Yeah as Nic says that's hard-coded as a function of that screen.You may be better off using a Issue Statistics dashboard gadget.

1. Add the Issue Statistics gadget to a dashboard
  2. Point the gadget to the project in question
  3. Set the field to Component/s
  4. Ensure that 'show resolved issues' is not selected

This will get you the same information, minus resolved issues.

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 27, 2016

Ah, no, you'd need to hack the code providing the summary screen to add that filter to your display.

0 votes

Can't add a screenshot of the company jira, so I will try to add more detail. I am using Component field to categorise our tasks. I want to use the Components section - url is /[project code]?selectedItem=com.atlassian.jira.jira-projects-plugin:components-page - to see all outstanding tasks for each component. But that section shows all tasks ever created no matter what status they have.

When I then click on the "Issues" link under each Component the search is (for eg):

project = OV AND component = API

I could edit the search to add status=unresolved and create a filter for each component but I don't want to waste time doing that (we have a lot of components!) - and wondered if I have missed a Project admin setting re components.

Can't give any more detail, I would guess if it's not clear it is because I am trying to do something I can't do! Thanks for the responses.

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 26, 2016

Same here - "components list showing done tasks" makes a lot of sense, but is somehow slightly too vague to be telling us what the problem is.

0 votes
Steven F Behnke
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 26, 2016

I'd love to help but I'm not sure of what the issue is. A screenshot or more detail would help me understand. smile

0 votes

A screenshot of what?

0 votes
Steven F Behnke
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 26, 2016

Please provide a screenshot. I'd rather not guess. smile

Suggest an answer