Is there a value pair custom field out there?

SanaS
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 25, 2013

Hi all, on behalf of a customer I'm looking for someone who has developed a custom field for something like an item list or similar. In this specific use case, they want the user to use this custom field to add some kind of computer hardware and the amount of each item desired. This would be replacing an Excel-sheet that would otherwise have to be attached to each issue they create.

I'm thinking like something similar to a cascading select where the first select list is the list of items and the second part is a number field one can fill in. The kicker would be that one can add multiple lines of this "value-pair". Anyone encountered anything like this?

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
SanaS
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 18, 2013

Hi Steven, I am from a Platinum Expert and I was wondering if such a solution would be out there so that it wouldn't be necessary to develop something (which takes a lot more time than what our customer is ready to pay for). I have solved this in a different way.

0 votes
StevenA
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 2, 2013

Hi Sana,

Currently, there is no such JIRA custom field that has two tied components as you have requested. You can raise this feature at https://jira.atlassian.com and vote for it. In order to be implemented, it must meet certain levels according to our Implementation of new features policy.

In addition, if you are using JIRA StandAlone, then, you can contact our Global Experts to develop dedicated external plugins that have this feature available.

Best Regards

Steven

Suggest an answer