Is there a trigger for when a pull request requesting approval?

Peter Trang October 23, 2019

Is there a trigger for when a Pull Request is requesting approval?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Petter Gonçalves
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 25, 2019

Hello Peter,

Thank you for reaching out.

I believe you are talking about the triggers available for JIRA that will fire an issue transition, configured under Project Settings > Workflows. Is it correct?

If I understood it properly, I'm afraid we don't have this kind of trigger for JIRA workflows at this moment, although we agree this would be a useful feature.

That being said, we have noticed that you created a feature request to get it implemented under our Atlassian Portal, and another request was created with the same requirement for Cloud platform (the original created by you was related to Server):

It will be great to have "Pull Request Approved" trigger in JIRA workflow 

This is indeed the correct way to request for new functionalities in JIRA, so I have brought this new question to our development team so they can check it and provide us if they have performed any progress so far.

As a workaround, I suggest you take a look at our Webhooks documentation below. You can use webhooks to create a script with a REST API call that will update the status of the issue you want:

Manage Webhooks

Let me know if you have any questions.

Suggest an answer