Is there a simple way to clear the fixVersion if the resolution is something like obsolete?

Evelin
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 17, 2015

Sometimes bugs were recorded but it was no bug or the bug became obsolete for whatever reasons. When we close such bugs, we use to set the fixVersion manually to 'Not applicable' because we didn't fix anything.

I would like to configure the Close transition in a way that the fixVersion field is set to a certain value in case the resolution field contains something like 'obsolete' or 'dropped'. Is there a simple way to do this?

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 18, 2015

You can configure your workflow to have a simple transition that sets resolution to obsolete/dropped and fixVersion field to empty or whatever you need. This will be done in the workflow post function.

0 votes
Evelin
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 18, 2015

jira-postfunction-parameter.png

0 votes
Evelin
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 18, 2015

Hi Jobin, Thanks for the quick response. I tried to configure a post function for a transition by Add post function > Update issue field but the drop-down does not list the version and I don't know why. It's not a hidden field. Can it be blocked by some other reason?

Rising Star
Rising Star
March 18, 2015

I think the fixVersions field is not supported for update value. Frankly, I will just use the 'Clear Field' post function to remove any fixVersion value that you might have. It doesn't make any sense to have a fixVersion on an obsolete ticket.

Evelin
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 18, 2015

Well, but I have no Clear Field post function. I only have Update Issue Field and then I have to select the field but fixVersion is not available.

Rising Star
Rising Star
March 18, 2015

Go to UPM and enable the JIRA Suite utilities pliugin. That will provide the Clear Field Value function.

Rising Star
Rising Star
March 18, 2015

If you are on the Server version, you will need to install JIRA Suite utilities plugin.

Evelin
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 18, 2015

Yes, We are on Server. Thanks for the hint! I will try the plugin.

Martin Gregory January 9, 2017

What can you do if you are on Cloud?    Cloud customers currently have JSU disabled, for some reason I'm finding hard to track down.

Arnaud COGNARD March 14, 2018

Hi all, i am having the same issue. I am on Cloud and not able to change the Field Fix/Versions on WorkFlow's Transition.

Any Help ?

Tks in advance

Suggest an answer