Is there a "Comment" field for Projects?

LesterH May 16, 2013

We use JIRA for tracking all of our issues/tasks for the many projects that we have under development. Every week, we have a meeting to review the status of each project. Ideally, we'd like to summarize some of the discussion for each project in a comments/notes field in Jira. However, it doesn't seem like there's a comments/notes field at the project level. I know that there is a comments field for issues within a project, but not for the project itself.

Is there something I'm missing? Or does such a field not exist at the project level? If the answer is the latter, is there a plug-in that would give us this functionality?

Thanks in advance for any tips you can pass our way!

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 16, 2013

There isn't a comment field for Project. Why don't you keep aan always open issue for this purpose? Just capture all comments in there. Pretty bad workaround but doesn't hurt ;)

LesterH May 16, 2013

Thanks for the tip Jobin! That is actually the work around that we're using right now. It's somewhat clumsy, and I was hoping that there was a better solution.

0 votes
Radu Dumitriu
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 16, 2013

How about confluence? Seems much more appropriate for this kind of tasks :)

... And place the URL of the project to your confluence. You can buy a 10 users one if you do not want to invest too much ...

Suggest an answer