Is there a quick way that I might be missing to force a comment based on the value of custom field?

Jeremy B January 19, 2018

I want to force a person to comment when a custom fied is set to a particular value. I thought I did it years ago but we had Suite Utilities for JIRA (JSU) at the time. When I came to the current place we did not have it because they started charging. I installed an old version just to see if it was there and I do not see it as an option. I really thought there had been a simple way to do it on the fly previously. It did not stick out as something difficult. I had started to do some scripting and seems the 2nd Adaptivist tutorial says you have to get JSU to do it so I figured I am back in the same boat. If anyone has a simple way to force this on transition. I believe there might be multiple ways to accomplish but just wanting to see if anyone has anything? 

2 answers

0 votes
Alexey Matveev
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 19, 2018

Hello,

You could also use Power Scripts add-on. Power Scripts has Live Fields which are similair to behaviours in ScriptRunner. You can read more here:

https://confluence.cprime.io/display/JJUPIN/Live+Fields

Or you could also write a validator using Power Scripts. You can find more info here:

https://confluence.cprime.io/display/JJUPIN/Customizing+workflows#Customizingworkflows-Forvalidator:

If you need help on writing such a script, kindly ask.

0 votes
Mikael Sandberg
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 19, 2018

If you have ScriptRunner you could setup a Behaviour that change the comment field to required if the custom field has a value. I do something similar with two custom fields, if one is filled in then the other becomes required.

Mikael Sandberg
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 19, 2018
Mikael Sandberg
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 19, 2018

Suggest an answer