Is there a problem setting the Remaining Estimate with a post function

Drew Smith August 29, 2017

In our process we have sub-tasks for development and QA. The time estimates are on these sub-tasks only, the parent has only the "rolled-up" estimates. As these sub-tasks go thru their respective workflows I am setting the time estimates using the JIRA Update Issue Field. In one transition I use that post function set the Original Estimate to 20h then in a separate transition set the Remaining Estimate to 30h. (Yes this seems odd, this behaviour was noticed when doing something else and just seeing if I can get an explanation for this as it may be causing another issue). The results are:

• Setting the Original Estimate - the Original Estimate shows up on the right side in the Time tracking but the Remaining Estimate is not set, there is no entry in the Issue's history and no time is in the Sprint burndown chart. I even tried logging one minute and the Remaining Estimate time did not get set. (the Dev/QA Estimate - Dev-Waiting Scheduling transition in attached images)
  • Setting the Remaining Estimate - Remaining Estimate shows up on the right side in the Time tracking, there is no entry in the issue's history and no time is in the Sprint burndown chart. (the Dev-Waiting Scheduling - Dev - To do transition in attached images)

The attached images show the results other than the image for Time Tracking panel on the right side was taken after both transitions were run.

Does anyone have any input/thoughts/ideas on why I am seeing these results? This is on JIRA 7.4.2

Using JIRA Update Issue - Sprint burndown.jpgUsing JIRA Update Issue - Time Tracking display.jpgUsing JIRA Update Issue - Issue History.jpg

0 answers

Suggest an answer