Is there a post-function which can set a checkbox at the Parent's issue?

Anja Herzog April 17, 2013

Hi there,

Is there a post-function which can set a checkbox (or value) at the Parent's issue when a subtask is being created?

I want to get statistics on how many of my issues have a specific subtask type related. I thought about setting a checkbox active when a subtask of this type is being created, so I can easily report on that.

Many thanks

anja

3 answers

1 vote
Henning Tietgens
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 17, 2013

For your statistic you can use the Script Runner plugin and a subtask JQL already provided by the plugin, see https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/com.onresolve.jira.groovy.groovyrunner . No need to modify your workflows...

Henning

Anja Herzog April 23, 2013

Hi,

the problem with plugins is that there is a long and stoney approval process before I can get one included and as long as there is any chance to do it without the use of a (new) plugin I'll have to and even worse, it might well be my plugin isn't approved at all - even without a possible workaround.

Having said that: thanks a lot for the plugin hint and I'm definitely going to follow that one up but only after having checked into the built-in options :)

anja

0 votes
Ramiro Pointis
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 17, 2013

Hi Anja, I think you can achieve this with a JQL filter and then using the results in a gadget on your dashboard so you won't need to customize a post-function.

Other way can be using the free plugin

JIRA Misc Workflow Extensions

, where you can use the Add Field Value to Parent post-function.

Hi Ramiro,

thanks a lot for your response. I actually already thought of the "add field value to parent" but this one means that there has to be a field in the sub-task with the value already in and this one's then just copied to the main one, right?

Best regards

Ramiro Pointis
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 17, 2013

Yes, I think so... Another way could be using Script Runner plugin so you will have a event fired on the post-function that will activate a listener you can customize.

This plugin it's free too and altough you have to code a little you have some Built-In Scripts you can use.

I think I will try the Add Field Value thing, might be a bit more complicated than I hoped for but anyways. I'll let you know if and how it worked.

Thank you.

Anja Herzog April 23, 2013

Okay, I have tried to get this implemented using the post-functions.

I have added the multi-value field to both the parent issue and the sub-task and used a post function to fill the sub-task's field automatically with a value: that works perfectly fine.

What doesn't work is to get the value copied to the parent. I have used the following: The value(s) of field Sub-Tasks will be added to the issue's parent's field.

Any idea why this isn't working?

0 votes
Chaithra N
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 17, 2013

Hi,

Dont think if there are any exising plugin to do this.

It would be better if you develope a custom Post function.

Reargds,

Chaithra

Suggest an answer