Is there a possible way to create a draft issue ticket?

Glenn November 29, 2017

I am using Power Scripts (formerly known as JJUPIN) in creating this function, I just want to know if there is a way to create a draft issue ticket. 

Example:

I'll put information in create form issue ticket but i'll just want to save it as a draft and will have a status as "Hold" in my workflow.

Is it possible?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Tarun Sapra
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 29, 2017

Interesting requirement , currently it's an open issue - https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRASERVER-4233

I don't think there is a way to avoid creating a new unique issue once you press the "create" button. Only issues which have been created can be part of workflow. Thus, you can put only created issues in a workflow state ("Hold"), as there is no such thing currently in JIRA known as "draft" state for non-created issues.

What you can do is to have an status called "In refinement"  and put newly created issue in that status and once they are reviewed/Approved then the teams can start working on those issues and if they are rejected then mark them "Obsolete". This is the approach I have seen followed by Product Owners

Glenn December 5, 2017

Yeah there no such thing as a draft. I see thanks Tarun Sapra

Suggest an answer