Is there a plug-in for automatic comment after issue is created?

Jigar D Patel June 23, 2017

I can complete this with post-function but post-function uses reporter as where the comment came from. 

I am looking to have automatic comment added once issue is created. 

1 answer

0 votes
Alex Christensen
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 26, 2017

Who do you want the comment author to be if it's not the reporter of the issue? That might affect your approach here.

Also, I don't know if you're on JIRA server or cloud - add-on recommendations depend on that because not all add-ons work for both Server and Cloud.

That said, if you're on JIRA Server, you might be able to use the Automation Lite add-on for this. This add-on allows you to create automation rules - basically, the rule takes some JQL and a cron expression to know how often the system should run the rule. When the rule is run, the system applies the same action to all issues found in that JQL query.

As an example, we use this add-on to comment and transition issues to a "Closed" status if the issues haven't been updated in the past two weeks. In your case, you could have a rule set up to run once every 10 minutes (or however often you want) to leave a comment on new issues automatically.

There is a paid version of this add-on that appears to be compatible with JIRA Cloud, but I have never used it and can't attest to its functionality and features.

Jigar D Patel June 26, 2017

We are on JIRA server and the comment author will be a 3rd user that I will create as a dummy user. 

I will check out Automation Lite add-on as it fits with JIRA server. wIll let you know, if I have any difficulties. 

Suggest an answer