Is there a plan to add a timeline to all issue types in the Road Map?

Deleted user April 21, 2021

Being only available for Epics but no other issue types is a weird set-up. How can we plan a proper road map without having visibility on the timeframe of our tasks? Is there a plan to change this? It is a fantastic functionality aside from that detail. Thanks!  

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Albert Kavelar
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 25, 2021

Hello @[deleted] and community,

thanks for raising this question. I'm Assuming this is about simple roadmaps, and not Advanced Roadmaps that are part of Jira Software Premium where you can already plot any issue type on the roadmap.

Yes, this is something we are exploring. Please watch this feature request for updates about this topic: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JSWCLOUD-18668

Thanks, 
Albert Kavelar | Jira Software Cloud

0 votes
Clark Everson
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 21, 2021

Hi @[deleted] 

Are you using team managed projects or company managed projects? Epics are just the base highest level and issues are supposed to be put under Epics. however you should be able to see the issues on the roadmaps if configured properly. However, the configuration for each is different. For team managed for instance if you add issues to an epic, they have their own timeline:

https://support.atlassian.com/jira-software-cloud/docs/add-issues-to-epics-on-the-roadmap/

Best,
Clark

Deleted user April 21, 2021

Hi Clark!

I am not sure of what the distinction is between team managed and company managed projects, but I am going to assume it is company managed since our rights to manage our projects are quite limited (only IT has full administrative rights). 

I can see the list of Epics with their timeline, and underneath I can see all other issues, but I cannot see a timeline for them. Look at this picture for example:

Screenshot 2021-04-21 183429.png

I can easily manage the start and end date of the epic (dragging the blue line), create dependencies with other epics, etc. 

However, I cannot do the same with the tasks (I can only see its status and the person to whom it is assigned in the road map, but no schedule).

Thank you!
Aina

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events