Is there a peformance difference between the free trial servers and the cloud hosted servers?

Casey Tedder July 13, 2014

Hello!

My company was considering purchasing an instance of Jira but we were not too happy with the server performance we were getting during the 30 day free trial. It was taking upwards of 10-15 seconds for the majority of the forms to load. I was wonder what sort of performance we could expect to get from a cloud hosted server compaired to the free trial? Thanks!

- Casey

1 answer

0 votes
Danilo Conrad
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 14, 2014

Hi Casey,

Having a 10-15 seconds load time is really not common for the JIRA Server (locally installed). We would recommend you to check whether the server hosting JIRA met all the System Requirements - if even then the performance is slow, I'd suggest you to report a support ticket.

Regarding your question about JIRA Cloud (OnDemand) - the load times should be below 15s, but there is no official SLA on this regard, as several components are involved on page load which are outside of our internal control (e.g. your local network, ISP, and client machine HW).

For more information you may refer to the related question below:

https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/18929/what-is-atlassian-s-ondemand-sla-uptime-support-etc

My recommendation would be to sign up for a free trial for JIRA Cloud (OnDemand) and make your assessment whether the performance is according to your expectations.

I hope this information helps.

Cheers,

Danilo

Suggest an answer