Is there a method - plugin - tool , to take a backup of one particular project alone ?

Vickey Lepcha July 26, 2016

Do we have any tool - plugin - method , in place that allows us to take a backup of one single project alone ?

I am sure this again creates inconsistencies I bet - I use this to backup to migrate project from one JIRA instance to another and the destination JIRA instance is inconsistent with respect to fields - filters that it may be using in the source JIRA instance.

1 answer

1 vote
Petar Petrov (Appfire)
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 26, 2016

Hi Vickey,

As you have already discovered, using JIRA's project importer requires that all necessary configuration is already in place on the target instance and moving the configuration is a manual and cumbersome process, often causing pain and grief.

To help administrators solve this problem we've built Configuration Manager for JIRA - an add-on which allows users to move the configuration for a specific project or the whole system to another instance and then use JIRA's project import tool to import the issues. Check out the Move Projects use case in our documentation. If you need more information don't hesitate to drop us an email at support@botronsoft.com.

Suggest an answer