Is there a limit to the number of child stories displayed in Jira Portfolio?

John Robson September 6, 2017

I have an Epic with 77 children stories - all successfully displayed via the Backlog view. When viewed through Jira Portfolio pulg-in ony 20 stories are shown.  How can Jira Portfolio be configured to ensure all children stories are displayed ?

2 answers

0 votes
Allard van Helbergen
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 12, 2017

Hi @John Robson,

Are any of those stories marked as done? Portfolio is meant to be forward-looking. Therefore all stories marked as done before your current sprint will automatically be hidden, because they don't impact planning any more. 

If you wish to show them anyway, go to your plan and change the completion date filter (underneath the 'More' dropdown in the filter bar) to include more history. 

https://confluence.atlassian.com/jiraportfoliocloud/using-scope-filters-828785257.html

Hope that helps.

Cheers,
Allard

John Robson September 12, 2017

The team have already broken the Epic into multiple epics and relinked the stories.   From my understanding all are now showing correctly in the portfolio

John Robson October 8, 2017

After selecting the "Open and Completed Issues" on the 'More" drop down  only the 'Open' issues are being displayed.

0 votes
Nicolas Seronvalle September 7, 2017

Hi John,

Which version of Portfolio are you using?
It may be a problem with the backlog item limit .

Concerning the other limits of Jira Portfolio you can load up to 5000 issues in your plan. I have no information about a limit to the number of child stories.

Suggest an answer