Is there a limit to how many repositories can sync?

Paula Manildi February 21, 2019

We have less than 10 accounts to sync with Git Enterprise but it appears at least one of the accounts does not list all the repositories, even when we "Refresh repositories".

1 answer

0 votes
Earl McCutcheon
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 22, 2019

Hi Paula,

Check your Jira logs for a message on API rate limit being exceeded it would show up as something like "Sync Failed: API Rate Limit Exceeded"

If this is the case GitHub has a Rate limit of 5000 requests per hour and even though you only have 10 accounts there may be more than 5k requests attempting to Sync. 

As covered in the GitHubRate limit doc linked above you can check your rate limit status without incurring an API hit, to get some additional verification what is occuring during the sync.  But overall GitHub only allows 5000 requests per hour, regardless of the source. This means, if there are any other requests that you have been sent to Github (i.e: from any other applications), the limit would be used up together.

Let me know if this is the case, or if not, let me know if you see any additional errors in the logging during a sync.

Regards,
Earl

Suggest an answer