Is there a field that is populated in the same way for Tasks and Sub-tasks - to help tie them together in search results?

Mary Armstrong March 5, 2014

Is there a JIRA field that is populated in the same way for Tasks and Sub-tasks - to help tie them together in search results?

3 answers

0 votes
Mary Armstrong March 13, 2014

My apolgies, Thanks Jobin. This is probably the best way to pull one sent of tickets that have both Tasks and subtasks. Filter for Key = Key 123 and Parent = Key 123

Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 13, 2014

Glad it was useful :)

0 votes
Mary Armstrong March 6, 2014

Thanks John. It wasn't exactly what I was after, but definitely helpful. I was wondering if there was one field - populated for BOTH the Tasks and sub-tasks - that had the same value. In this case Parent = Key 123 is only true for the sub-tasks, not for the task itself.

0 votes
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 5, 2014

You can search for all subtasks of a task using this:

parent = KEY-123

Is that what you are after?

Suggest an answer