Is there a fastest way to create a new version?

Francisco Marzoa May 22, 2013

Sometimes I need to create a new version just for a hotfix that's just one issue that must be addressed fast. I create such versions going into Projects / My Project / Versions and so on, but I usually spent more time creating the new version that way than the bug report itself.

So, is there a fastest way to create a new project version?

7 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Francisco Marzoa May 29, 2013

So the answer to my question is NO, there isn't a fastest way for creating a new version.

Francisco Marzoa May 29, 2013

Although as pointed out by other comments there are different manners of adding new versions, none of them are faster than the usual way or require purchasing additional products appart from JIRA.

1 vote
Danielle Zhu
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 22, 2013

If you also use GreenHopper Kanban board and happen to want to release that version, you can create and release the version through the Release button. https://confluence.atlassian.com/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=268046489 It does release all the issues in the last column.

Francisco Marzoa May 22, 2013

I just use JIRA.

0 votes
Bob Swift OSS (Bob Swift Atlassian Apps)
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 29, 2013

I often use addVersion to quickly add versions, usually for adding more than one version or the same version to multiple projects.

0 votes
Francisco Marzoa May 23, 2013

Thank you all for sharing your knowledge.

As far as it seems not to be a faster way for doing that within JIRA itself, I have opened a feature request here:
https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRA-33230

Bests!

0 votes
Henning Tietgens
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 23, 2013

If it's a limited number of projects where you have to create versions, you can open the version administration page of these projects and create a shortcut to this page in your browser toolbar. Than the version creation is only one click away.

Henning

0 votes
Bhushan Nagaraj
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 22, 2013

If you were using Download, you could just write a custom field that checks if version exists then add issue to version else create a new version.

Other than that, I don't see any shortcut in JIRA to create a new version.

Cheers

Bhushan

0 votes
Vidic Florjan
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 22, 2013

Only for Greenhooper users:

I think that is easier to create new version if you use Greenhooper plugin. Link: https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/GH/Creating+a+Version

Suggest an answer